Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 educational 12 months
Who is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications on the part of applicants. They could decide to set their very own interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America while the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for research or research, in Canada, during the college, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are made between universities, technical or vocational organizations and universities. Pupils, hereby named “candidates”, must certanly be registered as full-time pupils within their house organization during the time of application and through the duration that is entire of research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications with respect to qualified prospects from organizations in Latin America additionally the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, along with to partner organizations in Latin America together with Caribbean.
Canadian institutions with effective applicants:
- should recognize a solitary individual accountable when it comes to management associated with share contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects thinking about this scholarship system should contact their property organization to:
- make their attention understood;
- find out if there clearly was a current institutional collaboration or trade contract by having a Canadian organization; and
- demand information regarding the application form procedure and selection requirements certain to your Canadian organization and offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation project and a enrollment kind for the change system.
Chosen prospects ought to:
- make sure that they match the demands of this Canadian organization including educational demands and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and proceed with the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally speaking a report license is necessary for program work and a work license is necessary for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house organization just as their Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni associated with system through their property organization for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to go back to perform their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion for the scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to verify or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their offices that are international
- recognize strong scholastic applicants who meet up with the admission needs for the partner institution that is canadian
- give you the prospects’ documents to your Canadian partner organization, which can be accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to get extra training that is linguistic educational upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship value and timeframe
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get money from DFATD for several effective applicants in the shape of a share contract and will also be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the extent and level of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for no less than four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or research.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse bicupid scholarship funds into the scholarship recipient to donate to the following costs:
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion associated with scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- bills, such as for example accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a public transport pass; and
- books and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems along with other gear.
Re re Payment procedure
Susceptible to the conditions and terms associated with Contribution Agreement, capital is supposed to be disbursed by a cheque issued towards the institution that is canadian receiving the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a Cash Flow Statement submitted because of the institution that is canadian coincide with all the arrival of this scholarship recipients to Canada.